Sunday, May 18, 2014

Should a Writer Stop At Voodoo?




Think about it! It could be the ultimate marketing tool a writer of horror could use to increase sales. 
"But that's horrible!" I hear you say.

Sure it is. But perhaps madness is closing in. Promotion is tough, you know! 
 So what about gentle persuasion?

IF YOU LOVE ME, YOU WILL READ MY NOVEL.

or

READ IT BECAUSE YOU SEE I HAVE THIS DEVIL DOLL I MADE AND...YES, I'M AFRAID THAT'S WHAT I NEEDED A LOCK OF YOUR HAIR FOR...!

No, that's a bit heavy handed. Voodoo is a non-starter. It just isn't right. BUT THEN AGAIN, HOW DO WE KNOW THAT SOME AUTHORS HAVEN'T USED IT? HMMM?

But you can apply that to anyone in any sort of competitive occupation, can't you?

I mean the next time someone asks you to vote a certain way--look at their eyes. Do you see a glint of madness? Are they wearing something that looks like a fetish?

And listen! Whatever you do, if one day you find a dead chicken hanging over your front door, do something about it! There's a lot of very good information on the internet!

Meanwhile, just relax, I'm only having fun with you. It's just my way to kid around. But really, just for fun when you have time, send me a lock of your hair?     


No comments:

Post a Comment