Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Family Slaughtered. That's Only The Beginning!


The first book in the award-winning Blackstone Vampires Series 

Excerpt:
Opening chapter:

"They say my father was mad, so corrupted by evil and tainted with sin that he did what he did. I came home to find them all dead; their throats had been savagely cut.

My sisters, only five and eight, were gone, as well as my brother who was twelve. My mother too lay butchered in her marriage bed. The bed her children were born in.

I discovered him first—in the sitting room lying in a sea of crimson, the bloody razor still clutched in his hand.

How pitiful I must have looked, bent down trying to wake him. Calling to him over and over, “Papa please, please wake up!”

He could not, of course, waken. No more was he to open his eyes in this world—had I not been struck mad, I would have realized.

Yet, madness is sometimes a mercy when shadows come to take the horror away.

Do not pull away in terror, please. I have much to confess. Just be patient, for I promise I will tell you everything. The only thing I ask in return is for you not to judge me until you hear my entire story..."


Thus begins the nightmare of The Blackstone Vampires Series.

4 novels, following one upon the other comprise the set. At the core of it all is the examination of human and supernatural evil. 

In this, the first book, THE HOUSE ON BLACKSTONE MOOR, the heroine asks "can one act of evil let in more in evil?" 

She is discussing her mad, incestuous father. 

The themes of this novel are madness, obsession, vampirism and devil worship. The house on haunted moorland has hideous secrets. Knock on the door and you will be admitted. What you will find there is gothic horror at its most potent. 

EDITORIAL REVIEWS:

eFestival of Words 2014: Best Villain, Eco/ Best Horror, The House on Blackstone Moor

Top 10 Books - 2013
Aoife Marie Sheridan - ALL THINGS FANTASY
Publisher, Ultimate Fantasy Books

"92 Horror authors you need to read right now"
Carole Gill -- the Blackstone Vampires series
~Charlotte Books - EXAMINER
.
I for one found this gloriously gothic, refreshingly brutal, honestly horrific and a great read.
~Taliesin Meets the Vampires


AMAZON

each book $2,99 singly




$3.99
 FOR COMPLETE SET


No comments:

Post a Comment