Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Excerpt: Horror in the Cellar!



promo 99 cents/few days only

"As I reached for the cabinet, I noticed the cellar door was open. That door was always locked with a padlock.

Something made me walk toward the open doorway. There I stood, gazing down at the dank, dark stairs. Then as if in a trance I picked up a lamp and lit it. Some force was urging me on.

Go Rose. Go and see!

I began to walk but recoiled for there was a stench of damp and rot but of something else too—the putrid odor of decaying meat. Yet still I went.
I didn’t see it right away. That is, I didn’t realize what I was looking at immediately. At first they looked like sacks of flour or potatoes.

It wasn’t until I got closer that I really I saw what they were. But then I stopped. I stopped because my brain was beginning to make sense of it all. At last I began to understand what I was looking at, for there before me were several corpses!

What I had discovered were several bodies that looked as though they had been drained of blood.

I turned to flee, but as I did, I realized I had come upon another gruesome discovery. For there, chained to a wall was Mrs. Sternwood.

She was in a weakened state and called to me. As I began to move toward her to see if I could help I heard someone shout, “Don’t go near her! She is not yet destroyed! If you step too close she will kill you, Rose. She has enough power to.”

~*~
92 Horror authors you need to read right now'
Carole Gill -- the Blackstone Vampires series
~Charlotte Books EXAMINER
.
"In the attempt to find the just measure of horror and terror, I came upon the writing of Carole Gill whose work revealed a whole new dimension to me. The figure of the gothic child was there. Stoker's horror was there. Along with the romance! At the heart of her writing one stumbles upon a genuine search for that darkness we lost with the loss of Stoker." 
~Dr. Margarita Georgieva ~ Gothic Readings in The Dark

Best Horror, Best Villain (Eco) The House on Blackstone Moor
eFestival of Words 2014

Worth its Weight in Blood
Indie Reader

Top 10 Books 2013
All Things Fantasy 

I for one found this gloriously gothic, refreshingly brutal, honestly horrific and a great read. 
~Taliesin Meets the Vampires






99 CENTS promotion

No comments:

Post a Comment