Thursday, May 17, 2018

Time is Precious



You know what? We don't have all the time in the world. I learned that over the past two and half years. But because I was wrapped up with my own grief, I didn't look beyond that,  I wasn't able to really. I have only in the past few months, surfaced as it were. I'm seeing things clearly and differently.

For example, a dear friend of mine and so many others, passed away this last Christmas. He ran a page on Facebook for me and the page became his. He was Dorien Grey, a very talented musician and the best admin one could ask for. He supported me when my husband passed suddenly. He was the sort of person we need more of.

Now, I just found out, someone I wasn't in contact with for quite some time, passed away. It shook me! We shouldn't lose touch with people. But we do, we're busy, distracted--wrapped up in ourselves, often for unavoidable reasons. I barely knew this person. I'm sorry I didn't know him better, he was trying to make a difference--people say that but he really was.

Sadly, we operate in our own little bubbles, oblivous sometimes to what's happening around us. We should at least poke our heads out once in a while to check on things, because the proverbial curtain falls and people are gone forever. Life throws us nasty curves sometimes. If you don't think so, I hope you get a little smarter.

Don't put off things, do them! Every minute we have is precious. Enjoy things now, before they become memories to be dusted off in the future.

With love

No comments:

Post a Comment